Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Midnight Mountain Handmade Soap

Midnight Mountain 
This soap is a all natural soap
( meaning natural colourants and nothing synthetic)
It was a challenge from Great Cakes Soap Challenge Club
First I started of making the embeds for the soap.
I piped trees. 
Let's say I tried piping for the first time piping and making trees.
They ended up looking more like bushes
I used coconut water instead of water.
Half the coconut water was used to desolve the lye and the other added at the the same time into the oils
Coconut oil, lard, palm, olive, hemp seed oil, castor, Shea & cocoa butters, ricebran oil.
I used sage powder as the colourant.
Scented with cedarwood essential oil,



The next day I made another batch of soap.
I used coconut water and mixed it with powdered goat's milk as my liquid.
Coconut oil, palm, olive, castor, Shea and cocoa butter, meadowfoam oil was used.
Colourants were, Activated charcoal, plantain and madder root powders and benonite clay.
Scented with lavender 40/42, pachouli, and rosemary essential oils.



Thats the soap in my Tall & Skinny

4 days later .....


So my piped trees look more like a snow capped mountain scape,
In the tall and skinny mold.





No comments:

Post a Comment